Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are a common problem, but they can be difficult to diagnose and treat. Conventional laboratory culture techniques can take several days to return results; however, PCR testing is cutting edge with faster turnaround times.
With molecular testing, not only can you receive a clear picture of the type and percent of pathogens causing the infection, but in many cases, you can identify antimicrobial resistance. With the power of molecular testing, you can select the optimal medication therapy for your patient, improve treatment outcomes, and reduce healthcare expenses.
1. Prevents delays in diagnosis and treatment (results within 24 to 36 hours post specimen arrival at the lab.)
2. Detects polymicrobial infections simultaneously.
3. Identifies a wide variety of antibiotic resistance genes.
4. Prepares clinicians to make cost-effective treatment decisions.
5. Easily accessible to results via Provider Portal.
6. It is very sensitive, so it can detect even small amounts of bacteria.
Detect a wide variety of pathogens and deliver results within 24-36 hours of lab sample receipt.
Molecular pathogen testing is more accurate than standard culture testing.
Our rapid turnaround time is within 24-36 hours from laboratory receipt.
Our simple-to-read report gives clinicians quick, actionable intelligence to make better treatment decisions.
Molecular Detection and Identification of Anaerobic Bacteria – Science Direct